The Behavior Analysis in Health, Sport, and Fitness Special Interest Group (HSF SIG) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization operated for educational, scientific, and charitable purposes.
The HSF SIG’s purpose is to educate, coordinate, and provide resources to behavior analysts and other members of society seeking to address human challenges in health, sport, and fitness through the application of the science of behavior analysis.
The purpose of the HSF SIG shall be fulfilled through:
- Educating behavior analysts and other members of society and increasing awareness, visibility, and understanding of the application of the science of behavior analysis to health, sport, and fitness.
- Disseminating information about the practice of behavior analysis and educational and training opportunities relevant to practice of behavior analysis in the areas of health, sport, and fitness.
- Providing a professional network and access to educational and training resources (e.g., continuing education events, mentorship opportunities) for its members.
- Obtaining financial resources to support research grants for behavior analysts who seek to conduct research with the objective to develop or evaluate behavior analytic interventions to resolve human challenges in health, sport, and fitness.
- Collaborating with other non-profit organizations, healthcare agencies, and health, sport, and fitness professionals to maximize our impact on current efforts.
SIG Members and Leaders
Who are the Members of the Behavior Analysis in Health, Sports & Fitness SIG?
Any individual who is interested in the application of behavior analysis to the areas of health, sport, or fitness (HSF) is welcome to apply for membership. Full details of membership can be found here and conduct of the HSF SIG can be found in our Bylaws.
Membership dues are used to support the organization's purpose.
Who manages the Behavior Analysis in Health, Sports & Fitness SIG?
The HSF SIG leadership is made up of an entirely volunteer Board of Directors. Current Board of Directors include:
- Executive Director: Julie Slowiak, PhD, BCBA, CSPC
- President: Natalie Juhlin, MS, BCBA
- Treasurer: Gabi Torres, MS, BCBA, LBA
Find out more about each of the members of the Board of Directors HERE.